SignalMAX wireless with FC1

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Sep 4 00:50:54 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 04.09.2004 schrieb Mike um 2:34:

> Has anyone heard about this new SignalMax wireless card and router
> putout by ParkerVision? (www.parkervision.com) If so, have you got it
> working with Fedora? I was thinking of buying the card/router combo
> because they are boasting 1 mile (open of course) connections and
> guarantee no dead zones in your house. I get a very weak signal in my
> living room (it can't be more than 40 feet away from my WAP) using
> Linksys stuff. The WAP and card are a bit more expensive, but if it does
> what it says it does, then I think it's well worth it, and I have to be
> able to get it to work with Linux. I sent an email to their tech support
> which stated they don't have Linux drivers right yet, but are looking
> into it. Maybe we can get enough people to bug them, that they will
> write some.But If you have already gotten it to work, let me know.

> Mike

You have to know which chipset they are using - that is the alpha and
omega. Then you can check how well it is already supported by Linux
drivers. Starting point is certainly

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

which is _the_ Linux WiFi site.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 02:48:35 up 5 days, 5 users, load average: 0.48, 0.22, 0.35