Modules question

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sat Sep 4 13:13:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 13:58, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
> So I don't need the modules.conf file at all?

I'd keep it around for now in case you need to boot into a 2.4 kernel
for some reason.

> In modprobe.conf they are a different.  I didn't add these, they were
> already there.

I think the FC2 installer probably just copied the modules.conf entries
across to the modprobe.conf file when you did the upgrade from RH9.

> options ide-cd ignore=hdb # tell the ide-cd module to ignore hdb
> alias scd0 sr_mod
> install ide-scsi { modprobe ide-cd # load ide-cd before ide-scsi; } ;
> /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install ide-scsi
> install sg { modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi before sg; } ; /sbin/modprobe
> --first-time --ignore-install sg
> install sr_mod { modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi before sr_mod; } ;
> /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install sr_mod
>
> So, these are OK to delete or comment out?

Try commenting them all out and see what happens.

Are there any other entries in your modprobe.conf file? They may be
responsible for the sound-related messages you got.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>