Sound Question

Greg Lobring globring at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 14:02:40 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 15:02:08 +0200, Michael Schwendt
<fedora at wir-sind-cool.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:54:55 -0400, Greg Lobring wrote:
>
> > If I open up Firefox and go to www.seinfeld.com, the flash page loads,
> > and I can hear the sound crisp and clear.
> >
> > If I put a music CD into my computer, the default player opens up (CD
> > Player), the CD starts playing, but I can't hear a thing.
>
> Run it from an X terminal, save the output or Core dump and submit
> a bug report.

I had never heard of "alsamixer" before. I opened the case to make
sure the cable was there (which it was), and then someone told me to
run alsamixer. Turns out the CD was on mute. I don't know why, it was
a fresh install...guess that is the default?

Thanks for the advice.