Fedora driver or compatability with flash USB drive (iomega)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Sep 4 18:15:59 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 04.09.2004 schrieb Adam Boettiger um 20:10:

> I have an iomega 512mb usb flash drive that I use extensively as
> I switch often between computers.
>
> How do I get this to work in Fedora?
>
> I plug it in and it is not showing up as a drive.

> AB

While plugging the stick in observe the syslog messages. It will tell
you what happens. If the stick is properly recognized  as usb
mass-storage run "fdisk -l" to see which drive it is and then mount the
proper partition. For ease of use add an fstab entry accordingly. The
list's archive holds many examples on how to do so.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 20:13:37 up 5 days, 17:30, load average: 0.07, 0.12, 0.08