problem with gnome-terminal (FC2)

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 4 19:09:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 01:52:33PM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:

> having the problem that my gnome-terminal does not close the window
> when entering the bash command "exit". Any solution?

Look at "edit ---> profiles"
There is an option to restart the command if it
exits under  "Title and Command".

Look at the bottom of this screen and look for "When command exits".
I suspect it is set to be "Restart the Command" and you  want
"Exit the terminal".

Inspect but do not edit by hand files in this area:

	$HOME/.gconf/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/*

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004