Please help a MS refugee

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 20:35:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Can I get someone to recommend a reference book to help me get started
> with this new adventure.

The book you're after depends on what you want to do. There are plenty
of specific Linux books, but I'm yet to find a general introduction to
Linux. Okay, there are the for dummies series, but they're really
written for those wanting an excuse not to change!

> I have installed FC2 and am feeling a little
> overwhelmed.  Problems that I am encountering are probably old hat to
> most of you ;) but I feel lost and alone.

Then ask away. We're all warm and cuddly around here and will bend over
backwards to help you on this new adventure.

> I think a book would be the
> most useful tool so I don't ask questions that have been answered a
> hundred times already.

Don't worry about that. Ask. That said, I bet after about 2 weeks, the
number of questions drops like a brick as just about everything under
linux is intuitive.

You may also like to use the uk.comp.os.linux usenet group which again
is full of really nice bods eager to help.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our