Please help a MS refugee

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 01:22:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I've got a copy of Fedora Unleashed by
> Ball and Duff (published by Sams); another series that comes to mind is the
> *** in 24 Hours books (not sure who publishes them).

SAMS - avoid them like the plague. They're invariably riddled with
really bad mistakes. Personally, I'd avoid just about everything from
SAMS.

A book I would avoid at *all costs* is one called "Linux in Easy Steps".
I've renamed it as "So, you are stupid enough to want to move from
Windows" - it is that dire. The majority of the book makes you wonder
why it was written!

In the words of the Comic Store Guy - "Worst book ever!"