Max open connections

d l popgojp at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Sep 5 07:13:20 UTC 2004

> To make an attemp in answering your question, in
> most p2p apps there is a way
> to restrict the number of open connections. What's
> the program you are having
> trouble with?

If there is such an option there will be no trouble in the
first place. :-)

Mldonkey bittorrent plugin has no respect on max inbound
nor outbound connection setting. So when the torrent is
very popular hundreds of connections will be spawned, till
my cheap home router's NAT table is overflowed and start
trashing. Effectively DoS my home network.

Quite a lot of buggy network applics seems to spawn too
many connections and cause trouble as well. It would be
nice if there is a generic way to restrict the connections
they can open.