FC2, stk16 kernel, nvidia and "no job control"

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 5 08:43:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:03:00PM +0200, Ole Jacob Taraldset wrote:

> The problem with nvidia on inspiron 8600 is that the screen flickers
> every 5 minutes or so. It is just slightly annoying, but
> nevertheless... Only 4363 works without flickering. I've also tried
> 6111.

> On Thursday 02 September 2004 14:57, Macklin Stanley wrote:
> > Ole Jacob -
> >
> > Have your tried the latest drivers from nvidia?  6111, I believe...
> > They work wonderfully on my desktop with a GForce 5200. You might want
> > to try the RPMs from the Livna Yum Repository... http://rpm.livna.org/
> >  Good luck!

If nVidias 6111 driver package is not running fine with the latest
and greatest Linux kernel have you filed a bug with nVidia?

Does the open-source nv driver work for you?

Anyhow some googling makes me suspect that communicating with nVidia
could be important for this display device.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004