FC2 installation question

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Sep 5 12:03:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 07:19:03 -0400 (EDT), Jude DaShiell wrote:

> I'm needing to use the speakup version of the FC2 disk set.  I've
> downloaded iso's with rsync -cvt
> www.linux-speakup.org::ftp/speakup/disks/fedora/current/*.iso . <cr>.
> Downloading MD5SUM from the same directory and doing md5sum -c MD5SUM gets
> information back that all isos are ok.  The cd burner I have is an
> HL-DT-ST 40/40 and though it can burn iso's I make with mkisofs with
> subdirectories and text files in them, these FC2 iso's never all pass disk
> integrity checks or install error free.

How do you burn the isos? With cdrecord? Which command-line options
do you use?

> I can mount the iso's, but what
> find command with md5sum could I use to check all files on those isos?

None, except for an RPM-based check of all packages (rpm -Kv
filename). But you can verify the MD5 checksum of the burnt CD, which
must contain the unmodified ISO data. Provided that the ISO image was
burnt correctly, you could "md5sum /dev/cdrom" (which fails only if
the CD ends with run-out sectors) or use the "readcd" command to get
back the ISO image. If all that fails, "dd" should be able to read the
ISO image again, too.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
loadavg: 4.84 4.44 4.32