Want to Remove Empty Applications Folder from Gnome Menu

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Sep 5 16:08:57 UTC 2004

I've upgraded my glabels application (label making software that works
really well, btw) on my FC2 machine. There seem to be some empty menu
items in my Gnome menu as a result, and I'd like to remove them. Here is
where they are located:

Redhat -> Applications -> (small grey box appears)
Redhat -> System Settings -> Applications -> (small grey box appears)
Redhat -> Preferences -> Applications -> (small grey box appears)

Can someone help me with how to properly go about removing these menu
items? I know it's minor, in the big scheme of things, but it's an
annoyance to see empty menu items on an otherwise neat desktop. ;-)

I've tried looking in /usr/share/applications, and see my other menu
items, such as:

bme.desktop                     gnome-gnotski.desktop
mozilla.desktop                redhat-qmkbootdisk.desktop
DataManager.desktop                 gnome-gnucash.desktop
mozilla-mail.desktop           redhat-rhn-up2date-config.desktop

etc.

but don't see anything with "Applications" on it in this directory.

Thanks,
Clint