Intermittent X server boot hang on FC2

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Sun Sep 5 21:09:00 UTC 2004

Hello:

I just installed FC2 on a system with a SuperMicro P4SGE
motherboard.  It has built in Intel 845 graphics.
You can see more info here:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/P4/845/P4SGE.cfm

The install went flawlessly.

The problem is that sometimes when the machine is booting, it
hangs when it tries to load the graphical screen that gives
the boot progress.  The screen just goes black and the sytem
sits there.

This does not happen every time.  When it does not happen,
everything is fine.

If I set the machine to runlevel 3 (non-graphical login), everything
works fine and I can login as a user and run startx and
get the GUI.

Has anyone seen this?

Is there anything I can do to diagnose it?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by