Verizon DSL

Travis Fraser travis at snowpatch.net
Sun Sep 5 21:12:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 14:34, Mike Burger wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Austin Isler wrote:

> > Mike Burger wrote:
> >
> > Verizon DSL does not require a login. So the roaring penguin software
> > is useless.
>
> Since when?  My brother's Verizon DSL connection requires PPPoE
> authentication, as do the 9 or 10 other connections I helped set up,
> before I moved out of Verizon-land.
>
> > If you have a router, make sure your pc points to the routers IP as
> > the Primary DNS and then enter into the DNS search path: dsl-verizon.net
>
> The router might also need the authentication information.
>
> However, let's find out for sure.  Joseph...did you receive a user name
> and password that you were supposed to use with your DSL connection?
> --

I helped a friend in Philadelphia setup Verizon DSL recently. The
connection is ethernet to the DSL modem that came in his install kit. He
used a username/password initially when setting up the modem under
windows. When we hooked up his linux box, the modem handed him an
address via dhcp and it just works. No authentication or any pppoe.

Travis Fraser