Fedora Core 2 installation on Asus Ap120-E1

Badli Al Rashid badli at cfking.com
Mon Sep 6 12:16:40 UTC 2004

hai,

when i tried to install FC2 on Asus AP120-E1, the computer just restarted
by its self! it does the vmlinuz and initrd.img, then it has a blank
screen and im back to the POST.

i did try to pass the "linux text" and "linux nofb" parameters, but its
still not able to boot into the graphical or text installation.

I did the memtest86 as well but no errors shows up!
My hardware configuration (Actually its an Asus AP120-E1):-

P4 2.8 B
Transend 512 DDR333
80GB WDJB HD
Asus P4P800S-E Rev 1.01 BIOS 1004 (motherboard)
And an Asus Radeon 7000

Does anyone has some suggestion or work around (highly appreciated)so i
can install fc2, i dont have FC1 to test with :( oh well back to search
again. Thanks!