slow up2date

Buddy Hummler hummler.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 7 18:06:43 UTC 2004

Everything seems to be working fine. I ran up2date successfully for the
first time last week and got tons of updates within a matter of minutes.
However, today up2date told me there are only 10 updates available (much
fewer than when i ran it the first time) and it seems to be taking much
longer. up2date is hung up on "Fetching rpm headers" ... say I want to
cancel this in the middle and just not get the updates. Is this a wise
choice to cancel up2date in the middle of running? Would there be any side
effects to just hitting canceling out and not getting the updates?

-Buddy

Buddy Hummler

Internet Technologies           451 Baker Systems
The Ohio State University       1971 Neil Ave.
Office of the CIO               Columbus, OH 43210
hummler.1 at osu.edu               (614) 247-8066