Printing man pages in A4 paper

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Wed Sep 8 08:31:50 UTC 2004

Maybe "mpage" could be of help. You can use it as a filter this way:

$ man -t setfont | mpage -b A4 -1 | lpr

the "-b A4" option is self-explanatory. The "-1" option means "a single
page on a sheet", otherwise the default behaviour of mpage is "four
pages on a sheet", not very easy to read.

Unfortunately, mpage has several other defaults that you probably want
to turn off (borders, datestamps and such). However, you should not have
any problem with them, just read the man.

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico