Filesystem used other than ext3.

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Wed Sep 8 11:59:24 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 16:41, John Thompson wrote:

> I have mostly ext3 filesystems, but I have a 200G RAID array using xfs.
>   It works nicely, doesn't need the occaissional forced fsck like ext3
> ("/dev/whatever has been mounted nnn times; check forced")

ext3 doesn't need that either --- it's an optional occasional sanity
check.  "tune2fs -i0 -c0" to disable that.

Fedora installers do that automatically for filesystems created in disk
druid.  If you run mke2fs manually, it tells you at the end of every
run:

        This filesystem will be automatically checked every 28 mounts or
        180 days, whichever comes first.  Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.

That notice is there for a reason. :-)

--Stephen