cannot install public key

Andre Kirchner supercroc1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 13:48:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

when I try to run up2date, it returns a message saying
that I should install the public-key with the commands

rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

But when I execute them, the following error messages
are shown

[root at Deutschland root]# rpm --import
/usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
error: cannot get exclusive lock on
/var/lib/rpm/Packages
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -
Operation not permitted (1)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora: import
failed.
[root at Deutschland root]# rpm --import
/usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
error: cannot get exclusive lock on
/var/lib/rpm/Packages
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -
Operation not permitted (1)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY: import failed.

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Andre