FC 1: NTPD not keeping time correctly

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Wed Sep 8 19:09:58 UTC 2004

Not necessarily.  I have seen some systems that have a poor clock that
just can't keep the clock in sync with NTP.  I have one laptop and a
server in particular (both are Dells, hmmm) that within a week get
several minutes out of sync.  I have other systems configured
identically that keep perfect time.  On those two systems I have cron
periodically stop NTP, run ntpdate against an NTP server, then restart NTP.

I use to run something called Chrony intead of NTP on the laptop and it
was able to keep the clock in sync.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org