Yum problems

Christian Cryder christianc at granitepeaks.com
Thu Sep 9 02:22:15 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> The current yum and the new are not compatible. The new one uses
> metadata stored in xml files. This is not supported by current mirror
> servers - just as this yum repository format is not official.

Ah, ok.

> Revert back to the stable yum, this is 2.0.7 for FC2.

Ok (and now I've got to expose my ignorance here)...can you tell me how
to do this? Does yum provide some mechanism to rollback? Or do I just
say "yum update yum-2.0.7" (or something like that).

Again, I'm sorry to ask what must surely be a simple question, but I'm
very new to both linux and yum...

Thanks for your help!
Christian

Christian Cryder