Yum problems

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 9 23:52:31 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 09.09.2004 schrieb Christian Cryder um 20:41:

> That said...I am concerned that maybe something got installed via that
> first 'yum update' that shouldn't have. How would I tell? Does yum have
> transactional support so that if it hits an error during update nothing
> is applied? (if that's the case then I'm probably ok)

> Christian

Unintentional updates to development packages are not that easy to
detect. If you just did update yum to the current version Seth brought
out for testing and giving him feedback and you did remove it again,
there should have not been other things be in wrong state. If you really
doubt you would have to script a bit and compare the package version of
each installed package with the one of the RPM on any mirror server.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 01:49:12 up 10 days, 23:05, load average: 0.39, 0.39, 0.26