KDE and GNOME don't get along

Chessley Hungerford chessley at byu.edu
Fri Sep 10 19:27:01 UTC 2004

I just installed Fedora 2 on my system and I was disappointed that I
couldn't find a graphical RPM interface, I know that KDE has a package
manager so I used the add/remove apps function to add KDE to my
installation.  Well I wasn't just disappointed fo find that the fedora
version of KDE didn't have a package manager, but when as soon as I
logged in I was bombarded with error messages All of them related to
various applets of the COBRA system.  currently KDE is working without
sound, and GNOME loads without sound, or any of the standard
desktop/panel icons (ie all desktop icons showup as generic piecs of
paper).  Any help would be appriciated.