FC1 to FC2 HowTo?

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 21:27:27 UTC 2004

> Has anyone put together a howto to upgrade an FC1 system to an FC2 system.
>
> I have to do an upgrade shortly and it's been a long time since I did the
> last one.  Unfortunately, I didn't bother to make notes of the problems I
> ran into.  I do remember that there weren't many but I did have to wade
> through some.
>
> Gerry
I would advise against an upgrade. The change from 2.4 kernels to 2.6 kernels
and the overall update process is an iffy proposition. I know from personal
experiance I was unable to get sound card to work as a user after an update.
I would back up your current data and do a clean install.

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA.