Fedora Core 2 questions / concerns

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Sat Sep 11 18:57:07 UTC 2004

admin at usachurch.com kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai,
11. syyskuuta 2004 21:30):
> 1.  Where can I find a fairly exhaustive list of differences
> between Core 1 and Core 2 and Core 3?

Read the RELEASE-NOTES file of each version, especially the
"Packages Added/Removed/Deprecated" section.

> 2.  Is there any difference between Core 1 with all of its
> packages up2date and Core 2?

Yes. For example the kernel version (2.4 vs. 2.6) and XFree86
instead of X.org X server.

> 5.  I heard a while back about some completely new security
> system that was being developed into Fedora - something the
> government was involved in as well.  Is there any info you
> could pass along?

SELinux, developed by the NSA is included in FC2 but disabled by
default. See
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/

--
 Markku Kolkka