web cvs

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Sat Sep 11 22:15:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 03:17:34PM -0500, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Saturday 11 September 2004 14:40, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> > Ok, last question for a while, ok.
> >
> > I have just added the CVS rpm from the Frdora 2 RPM directory and
> > want to see what is needed to set up a web based CVS repository?

Or you might want to consider playing with Subversion (svn), which
has specifically been written to be a replacement for CVS. It has similar
features, but comes (allegedly) without any of CVS's defects (eg the
inability to delete directories).

http://subversion.tigris.org/

Dave.

--
"But Sidley Park is already a picture, and a most amiable picture too.
The slopes are green and gentle. The trees are companionably grouped at