to newcomers: please try to solve the problem yourself before asking

Richard Whitney xenddev at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 23:27:34 UTC 2004

I have a vision of a bunch of surfers sitting in the water in Malibu
wating for the next set to come in and here I come with my white ass
body and brand-new surfboard only to be greeted by these guys with
"You can't surf here!  This is our territtory".  If I were friends
with on4e of them I MIGHT be able to surf there, but not until I
learned the ins and outs of surfing - for good reason - a novice
surfer causes nothing but problems in the decent waves - that's what
the white wash is for - learning to surf.

My point?

This is not Malibu!
No one's going to get knocked off of their board because some rookie
top-posted or posted mundane BS that should have been researched
first!
And guess what?  They'll learn.  Let's guide them, not punish them.
Or banish them.

You know, this just came to me:  Learning Is Neat Until eXpelled

So welcome the newbs, understand their ignorance, teach them and
appreciate the fact that YOU were once one of THEM!

Good night and thank you!