FC2 + 2.6.8 kernel - hangs on boot

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Sun Sep 12 03:22:58 UTC 2004

Chris Ruprecht wrote:

>Ted,
>
>I can boot into single user mode and I do get to the prompt. That
>happens before kudzu gets run and that's not the problem. What I really
>want to know is why updfstab isn't working with the 2.6.8 kernel and how
>to make it work. I would really like to run the current kernel in full
>multi-user mode.

you can run kudzu yourself in single user mode.

/etc/init.d/kudzu start

you could try removing /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and letting kudzu
regenerate it. maybe it has a bogus entry.

you could try running updfstab in test mode, and it will spit out each
bus/device as it scans them, perhaps giving you an idea of which bus and
device is hanging. (man updfstab).

/usr/sbin/updfstab --skipprobe --test

---
John