Trying to install nVidia card - Beginner

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 05:12:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 00:26, Bradley (FC2 List) wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to install binutils? I thought it was
> installed but apparently it isn't. Every reference I can find tells me to
> "make install" I have tried everything I can think of and I am missing
> something very fundamental.
>
> I have downloaded and extracted binutils-2.15.tar.gz
>
> I have placed the binutils-2.15 folder in my /usr/bin/ folder.
>
> Where do I have to be to make and install? Is it two different operations?
> Is it an obvious file that I am missing?
>
> My brain hurts.
>
> Bradley

I think you are trying to do this the hard way.

Try:

yum install binutils

Also spend some time reading up on yum, up2date, and the rpm commands.
I think you will find they make installing packages much easier than
trying to build them yourself from source.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

It's currently a problem of access to gigabits through punybaud.
-- J. C. R. Licklider