the saga of the end user

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 12 12:41:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Björn Persson wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
>>  This is a true story from the WordPerfect helpline.  Needless to say
>>  the help desk employee was fired:  however, he/she is currently
>>  suing the WordPerfect organization for "Termination without Cause".
>
> I don't quite understand why people feel the need to claim that these little
> stories are true. I think they're perfectly funny in their own right.

your point is well taken.  i just reproduced the piece as i received
it, i never took it seriously.  for debunking stuff like this, there's
always www.snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/wordperf.htm

which discusses other too-stupid-to-be-true myths like not being able
to find the "any" key on the keyboard, using the CD-ROM drive as a
coffee cup holder and so on.

rday