Recompiling kernel with bridging.

Tor Harald Thorland linux at mis.no
Sun Sep 12 19:34:16 UTC 2004

søn, 12.09.2004 kl. 20.57 skrev Alexander Dalloz:
> Am So, den 12.09.2004 schrieb Tor Harald Thorland um 20:47:
>
> > Im running Fedora core 2, and have a simple question.
> >
> > How can i recompile the kernel with the same settings, only enabling
> > bridging in addition to the standard?
> >
> > THT
>
> What specific are you missing? The FC2 kernel has bridge support
> compiled in as a module and iptables bridging is compiled too.
>
> Alexander

Then I think i got what I need...
I'm going through a mini howto on bridging, since I want to setup a
server, with an dsl line, and connect it to a switch with my other
computers.
I'm new to linux & want to put up a firewall,mail/web server and so on..
If you are an expert on networks, what IP'adr should I have on my local
net? I have been assigned an static IP from my ISP to set for the NIC to
the DSL.

Thanx.
THT