burning audio cd of mp3 files

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 00:32:39 UTC 2004

Craig White wrote:

>I have installed mpg321, xmms-mp3 and k3baudiomonkeyplugin but when I
>try to add mp3 files to k3b, I get a message...unable to add the
>following files due to unsupported format.
>
>What's the trick?  Do I need to use a program other than k3b? Which
>program?
>
>Thanks
>
>Craig

Well, installing an MP3 player wont help. What you need is an Mpeg 3
decoder plugin. Since Fedora is based on Red Hat, it does not come with
mp3 support for legal reasons (MP3 coding is copyrighted in the US...),
so you have to install it manually. I think the plugin rpm is called
k3b-mp3. Use yum or apt-get to install it, or look on freshrpms.net.