IBM T23 built-in wireless crashes under heavy load.

Julian Underwood mailings at underwoods.net
Mon Sep 13 01:40:51 UTC 2004

This problem did not occur when I built the linux-wlan project drivers
when I was running Redhat 9 on my T23.  What I do know is that with
Fedora Core 1 & 2, under heavy load my built-in wireless card will crash
if it is either sending or receiving full-bore.  The drivers for the
card are the Fedora supplied ones for a Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset.  When
the problem occurs, basically the wireless card dies, the whole laptop
becomes unusable (VERY slow).  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does
anyone know of a work-around other than installing the linux-wlan
project drivers?

Julian