K3B no devices seen as normal user

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Mon Sep 13 10:26:17 UTC 2004

> Generally speaking: is this issue only for k3b or also for other burning
> application (as XCDroast)?? because here XCDroast seems to properly
> setup the burner as normal user...but not K3b

Other users report that xcdroast does work for non-root users in 2.6.8.x
-- but it didn't work for me. Nor did cdrecord work. In my case, no cd
burning utility would work under 2.6.8.x for *any* user, including root.

Here is a copy of the output from cdrecord that I was getting as a root
user:

http://penguinsolutions.org/errors

All of the problems associated with cd burning evaporated when I
downgraded to the 2.6.7.x kernel.

Clint