a humble suggestion for newbie guidance

Christofer C. Bell cbell at jayhawks.net
Mon Sep 13 19:37:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 05:27:07 -0400 (EDT), Robert P. J. Day wrote
> undoubtedly making myself even more unpopular, let me throw out a
> short suggestion that will help newbies acclimate themselves here
> more quickly.

[ . . . snipped for the sake of brevity . . . ]

>    thoughts?

Yes, you've posted a long rant telling us how much top posting, "URGENT HELP
PLS!!!", and long signatures piss you off.  I get the impression you're more
interested in venting than you are in providing useful information.  If you're
making an honest effort to be helpful here, then I'd strongly encourage you to
edit out the combative and condescending tone.  Sticking to the "facts" as it
were will go farther than beating people over the head.

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown