Downloading Fedora Core 2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 23:06:21 UTC 2004

ridan abid wrote:
>  Sorry that my question was not detailed enough but
> what I need to know about is first which architecture,
> such as i386, is right.
It sounds as though you want i386. This is right for anything
PC-compatible since the Pentium. (Exceptions: if you have an Itanium,
you probably would want IA-64, which I believe Fedora doesn't support;
if you have an AMD Athlon 64 or Opteron, you *might* want x86-64. A
few very recent high-end Xeons can run this, too.)

The i386 (= x86) comes with separate i586 and i686 versions of packages
if that gives extra performance or extra features.

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

> But the resone of me changing to Fedora
> Core 2 is that I had problems with configuring the
> belkin pci card for my desktop. So right now I am
> stuck using windows.

Um. "Belkin PCI card" isn't very descriptive. If you have any problems
under FC2, please ask us, but *please* give us a little more to go on!

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | One could teach a child to Google but
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | one _still_ should make them think.