Gnome not working after upgrade

Julien Le Houérou julien.le-houerou at uhb.Fr
Tue Sep 14 09:36:32 UTC 2004

Hi, i juste upgraded to 2.6.8-1.521smp, with the brand new video drivers
from nvidia (6111), and it remains the hell :

    - X tries to launch at least 10 times, on different displays, so
that i never see the login banner

    - I can never see the banner login anymore since last upgrade in july

    - and this time a new issue : the gnome desktop background does not
display, neither the desktop itself (however i see correctly the gnome
panel).

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me mad :'-(

Best regards,

--
Julien Le Houérou

Université de Haute Bretagne