where to start to set up wireless?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Sep 14 21:39:33 UTC 2004

On September 14, 2004 5:23 pm, Douglas Phillipson wrote:
> My suggestion is to go buy a SMC 2632W 802.11b card.  Fedora supports it
> out of the box and be done with it...

I don't know. That would be good advice if it was cheap, but if it's possible
to do it with the existing hardware for free or close to it, I'll stick to
that route. I'm in canada and the only thing I found with a quick search is
(futureshop):

SMC 2532W-B 2.4GHz 802.11b High Power Wireless PC Card - Web Exclusive     SMC
Networks     $99.99   Buy

That's $115 with tax (+ shipping)

and it's not even the 2632W you specified. Can't find that one in canada.

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com