Resize partition

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Wed Sep 15 11:59:16 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Michael Schwendt
Sent: Wed 9/15/2004 2:42 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Resize partition

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:45:59 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:

> What's the best way to resize an existing partition (say /boot)?  Does
> the rescue CD give me that capability?  See here's my problem, my /boot
> partition is sitting directly between / and the free space I opened up
> with qtparted.
Do you really need a separate /boot partition? You could always move
it into a directory within / temporarily, then repartition and recreate
a /boot somewhere else.

No, I don't suppose I do, it's just how this machine was partitioned when I installed FC2, not realizing I would run out of space so quickly.  I think I will just blow it away and start fresh with a real set of partitions.
--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
loadavg: 1.04 1.01 1.05