mkisofs problem (help!!)

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Wed Sep 15 12:22:33 UTC 2004

Have you tried with just "mkisofs -r"? Somewhere I saw a post (sorry,
can't remember where) from a guy who had similar problem solved this
way. He hadn't your specific problem with German symbols, but you could
try giving the "--input-charset" the value "iso8859-15" or "iso8850-2"
(central Europe).

Surely you have already tried to mount the ISO produced by mkisofs. If
you didn't, I strongly recommend you to try, this way:

   mount -t loop IMAGE MOUNTPOINT

where IMAGE is the file produced by mkisofs and MOUNTPOINT any
(preferaly empty) directory you want.

Then you can look into that directory to look what the filenames look like.

Good luck.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico