gdb problems

Rob Shewan rshewan at lio.aacisd.com
Wed Sep 15 14:19:45 UTC 2004

Help!

I have googled this and searched the fedora mailing list archives. I've
checked bugzilla for fedora and gdb.

I am attempting to debug a large (1.2GB) mutithreaded C++ application on
Fedora Core 2.

gdb is unable to set breakpoints in class methods contained in shared
libraries. An error similar to "Cannot access memory at address 0x1b3ba"
this is displayed by gdb. I have seen this question asked but never
answered. Why?

Additionally gdb doesn't handle the symbol table well using a C++
namespace symbol in place of something more reasonable.

Are other people having more success?