Dual Monitor Problems

Olwe Melwasul olwe at cpinternet.com
Wed Sep 15 14:40:50 UTC 2004

I'm hoping I have the right list here with my help question....

I have Fedora 2 and I've installed it on my Presario 2100 laptop. I'm
trying to get the video out to my CRT to work but it only will mirror
the laptop screen during non-X video output. The second X comes on, my
NEC MultiSync 97F dies. Below is my xorg.conf file:

Olwe
----

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier     "Multihead layout"
   Screen      0  "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
   Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
   InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
   Option        "Xinerama" "off"
   Option        "Clone" "on"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name
of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
   RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
   FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
   Load  "dbe"
   Load  "extmod"
   Load  "fbdevhw"
   Load  "glx"
   Load  "record"
   Load  "freetype"
   Load  "type1"
   Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
   Option        "AllowMouseOpenFail" "yes"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#    Option    "Xleds"        "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#    Option    "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    Option    "XkbModel"    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    Option    "XkbModel"    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
# or:
#    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
#    Option    "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
#
   Identifier  "Keyboard0"
   Driver      "keyboard"
   Option        "XkbModel" "pc105"
   Option        "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Mouse0"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option        "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
   Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
   Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
   Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier   "Monitor0"
   VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
   ModelName    "Compaq 1520 Flat Panel Monitor"
   HorizSync    31.0 - 96.0
   VertRefresh  55.0 - 160.0
   Option        "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier   "Monitor1"
   VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
   ModelName    "NEC MultiSync 95F"
   HorizSync    31.0 - 96.0
   VertRefresh  55.0 - 160.0
   Option        "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Videocard0"
   Driver      "radeon"
   VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
   BoardName   "ATI Radeon Mobility U1"
   BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Videocard1"
   Driver      "radeon"
   VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
   BoardName   "ATI Radeon Mobility U1"
   BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
   Screen      1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   Identifier "Screen0"
   Device     "Videocard0"
   Monitor    "Monitor0"
   DefaultDepth     24
   SubSection "Display"
       Viewport   0 0
       Depth     24
       Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
   EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   Identifier "Screen1"
   Device     "Videocard1"
   Monitor    "Monitor1"
   DefaultDepth     24
   SubSection "Display"
       Viewport   0 0
       Depth     24
       Modes    "1024x768" "1280x960" "1600x1200"
   EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
   Group        0