[fedora] Groups

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Sep 15 15:15:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:07, Øyvind Lode wrote:

> How do I add a user to a group?
>
> Ex: I have a user called "john"
> How do I add "john" to the group called "users"
>
> I have read div docs but no one tells me how to add users to groups...
>
> There has to be a command for this :)

If you are running a graphical desktop such as GNOME or KDE then simply
go to the main menu -> System Settings -> Users and Groups. In the Users
tab select the user you want to edit, click the Properties toolbar icon,
go the Groups tab in the User Properties dialog, and select the groups
you wish to add the user to.

Simple!

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com