Tomcat Questions

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Wed Sep 15 21:38:39 UTC 2004

So, the preferred way to access java apps is to connect to port 8080?

Also, I posted this on the tomcat list yesterday but didn't get a reply.
Can anyone help me with this?

I change the "appBase" from "webapps" to "/var/www/html" for the default
virtual host in server.xml.  I restarted tomcat.  I then installed jive
forums in /var/www/html/forums but was not able to get it to work at that
location.  I changed "appBase" back to "webapps", moved jive forums to
/var/lib/tomcat and bingo-bango, it worked.

My reasoning for this is I have several virtual hosts and didn't want to
lump all java apps together.  I'd rather spread them out to their respective
home directories.

This is a Fedora Core 2 system running tomcat 4.1.27.

Is there something I didn't do besides changing server.xml?

TIA