HP e-vectra con FC2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 22:58:01 UTC 2004

Edwin Valencia wrote:
> I'm installing FC2 in PC's HP e-vectra, I see the HP-HOWTO and these
> PC's soport GNU/Linux, I install FC2 in these PC's BUT some times while
> I am installing FC2, these PC's restart without give me any message of
> ERROR in the screen or Hard Disc [<-- I see the logs after the restart
> PC and I use the rescue CD for that]...

Hi.

Sounds like hardware problems: have you checked the memory with
memtest86? Have you tried booting with nodma noacpi noapic (or some
combinations thereof)?

How many PCs are we talking about, anyway? How many of them exhibit
problems? Can you tell us more about their specs: what CPUs (e.g.
Pentium 4) and what chipsets (e.g. Intel 848, Nvidia NForce 3) they
use?

Hope this helps, and, to be honest, I'm guessing that English isn't
your first language. If you have trouble understanding stuff, please
ask, and we'll see if we can rephrase to make things more
comprehensible.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Please do not put sandwiches in the disk drive.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |