corrupted partition table

François Patte Francois.Patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Thu Sep 16 17:46:02 UTC 2004

Selon Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>:

> Am Do, den 16.09.2004 schrieb François Patte um 8:45:
>
> > Is there a way to recover the correct partition table?
> >
> > I know that I do not give much information, but is anyone gives me some
> tests to
> > operate in order to get more informations and a way to restore the correct
> > partition table?

I know more tonight... Someone (I know the culprit!) has installed win XP in the
place of win 2000... I have read somewhere that there were a bug with grub, win
XP and fedora, but I can found information only on FC2 and it is FC1 which is
installed... Is my partition table altered or is this bug occurs also with FC1?

Where are the archives of this list?

>http://linux-universe.com/HOWTO/LILO-crash-rescue-HOWTO/disk_partition_rescue.html

>http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Partition-Rescue.html

>Both pages contain basic information and information on how to use
>gpart.

>Alexander

Thank you. I'll read them carefully, but it seems that gpart  needs to be able
to mount a linux system and I'm unable to do so.

--
François Patte

Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - Pune - Inde
Université René Descartes - Paris 5
UFR de mathématiques et informatique