NVIDIA 6111 driver and console mode

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Fri Sep 17 06:50:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:38:24 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 08:17, eric tanguy wrote:
> > > On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:46:57 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote
>
> Are you sure to be running the NVidia-driver?
>
> I am experiencing the kind of problems you describe, when using the "nv"
> driver, but don't experience them with the "nvidia" driver.
>
> > How to know if Frame Buffer is used ans how disable it ?
>
> To disable it, comment out or remove the 'Load "fbdevhw": in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
>
> Section "Module"
> #       Load  "fbdevhw"
> EndSection
>
> Ralf

I was refering to the Console Framebuffer. Which is normally used when you
boot into init 3. It's a kernel commandline setting.

The one in XF86Config.cfg or xorg.cfg shouldn't be touched. They are present
in my config files, and it works as it should.

Wolf