Mozilla 1.7.2 crash with java on Fedora Core 2

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Fri Sep 17 14:33:26 UTC 2004

> Here are a couple of questions that might help troubleshoot:
> What is the url of the site that is causing the crash?

One is a PIX firewall on campus, another is an Enterasys Dragon IDS.
The odd thing is that another FC2 works, so there may be something
else at play here.

> Can you get in helpful data from strace mozilla?

I tried running mozilla with the debugging options but it's threaded so
you don't see much.  And the crash happens in java and java_vm, not
mozilla.

> You mentioned that you tried the java rpm's from Dag's site -- did you
> also install the mozilla-j2re-1.4.2-9.1.fc2.dag.i586.rpm plugin from
> Dag?

Yes, I did.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069