FC2 on IBM X20

Derek Rupe derekspublicaddy at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:16:18 UTC 2004

I have an IBM X20 and I am trying to setup FC2 on it.

I am pretty new to Linux, but I can manage most things if there is a HOWTO.

The problem I have is this; the X20 doesnt have any drives, so I took the
HDD and put it into my desktop, and installed from there.

Well the xorg.conf is now setup for the desktop, and doesnt boot.

I get an error that says no screen found.

I finially figured out how to get emacs started to take a look at the file,
and I can see its setup for my desktop, but I dont know how to fix it.  Also
I managed to run a command to get the screen issue fixed, but then it said
it couldnt find a pointer device.  And now the screen problems back.

The only thing I can think of doing at the moment, is finding a USB CD-ROM
and seeing if I can boot from that and just reinstall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Derek