Linux text editors

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 19:05:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:02:28AM +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 17:33, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:54:03AM -0400, Neil Cherry wrote:
> > > Andrea Giuliano wrote:
> > > Vi is good to know when memory is limited or over a bad dial up line.
> > > </humor>
> >
> > Bad modem line -- check into "screen" ... should you get disconnected
> > you are not out of luck....  You can reconnect...
>
> I like screen, but that function only works when you do a detach right?
> Ctrl-A-D?
>
> Will it work if you're suddenly disconected as well?? Never tried that

Try it, rlogin, ssh, telnet....
I like it because it lets me hand over a screen to another engineer
when I have a 'live' bug.  I like it because I can start something
one one computer then continue from another (like home).

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	In the USA, vote informed, second Tuesday Nov 2004.