Motherboard for Fedora server

Andrew W. Donoho awd at DDG.com
Fri Sep 17 23:48:38 UTC 2004

On Sep 17, 2004, at 17:12, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
>> I did have a few problems. NVidia support
>> for the 2.6 kernel was not quite all there when I started. Then NVidia
>> released new drivers that worked on the 2.6.5 FC2 kernel. Upgrading to
>> the 2.6.8 FC2 kernel broke the nvnet drivers. To let things settle
>> down, I have temporarily installed a Tulip derived 100baseTX card.
>
> Have you tried the forcedeth driver that comes with the kernel?

Yes, I have tried it. I expect that nvnet and forcedeth are "fighting"
each other. nvnet must have removed something that forcedeth needed.
For the time being, the tulip card is working fine. I expect that this
will get sorted out sometime in the FC3 test phase. I'm not in a hurry
and am, in general, quite happy with the machine.

Andrew

Andrew W. Donoho
awd at DDG.com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)